Having been gone for a while has taken its toll. I am trying to get around and meet everyone and figure out who’s who…but it’s hard! My blogroll is dated, and while I’ve added new links here and there, I am sure I have missed people. So, I had a thought…
Elle, of Elle’s world has nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award!! Thanks so much!
Display the award logo on your blog
Link back to the person who nominated you
State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award & link to them …Ummm, can we talk about this?
5. Notify those bloggers & the award’s requirements….see above
So, I am not always enthusiastic about directives and not always perfect at following rules. But then who’s perfect, right? I’m thinking following 3 out of 5 rules gives me a majority compliance rating. That’s really being more in the right than in the wrong. It shows I made a good effort, a start, had an intent to cooperate. Yes, I might not have followed all the rules, went a bit off course just at the end. (Or maybe just didn’t like rule 4 & 5. shhhhhhh ) Yes, THIS is what my husband goes through!
7 things about Sara:
1. I have long dark hair. I usually wear it blown out straight bc I think it looks more professional that way, but ‘au natural’ is all curls. (“there was a little girl, who had a little curl”…yep, I am really, really good, except when I am horrid!)
2. I expected to become a lawyer when I went away to college, and took a semester off to live in Washington DC and work with a political organization. (I was assigned to sit in on congressional hearings and then write the weekly newsletter)
3. I love beaches and collect sea glass when I can find the real deal.
4. I used to hate to dance bc I was too shy and self-conscious. Grant loves dancing and I always felt badly about that. In the past two years I have grown a lot, and now I really enjoy dancing with him!
5. I always sing softly out of kindness for those around me, because I can’t carry a tune.
6. I really enjoy listening to the folk singers of the 70’s and 80’s. Carole King, James Taylor, Joan Baez, Gordon Lightfoot…
7. Antiquing is a favorite hobby for Grant and me.
Instead of nominating 15 other bloggers, I am going to do my own thing with this. I’m having trouble finding and keeping up with so many new DD bloggers, and even people who came on the scene in the past year. I’ve missed a lot while I’ve been gone!
I’m going to ask 15 (or more) DD bloggers, especially those who have not commented here more than once, or who are not listed on my blog roll, or who just want to say hello, to please comment here with the name and link to your blog. For me…Please? It will make updating my blog roll so much easier, and I’d really like to get to know you newer bloggers better!